It was friendly, lots of helpful people about, I did not feel intimidated and the pool swim was a great way to introduce to triathlon.
Date: Sunday 18 June 2017
Venue: Ongar Leisure Centre, CM5 0GA
Distance: 300m swim, 21km cycle, 4km run (on grass)
If you’ve participated before and would like to give it another go, then we’d love to welcome you back again.
The event is a 300 m pool swim, 21 km bike along quiet country lanes, topped off with a 4 km run, all followed by a competitor’s breakfast and a T-shirt.
Brilliant atmosphere, great organisation and excellent support from the organisers and marshals.
This year we are also offering a relay (where you compete as a team of three each taking on one of the three disciplines) and a GO TRI Aquathlon (just the swim and run).
Entries for the triathlon and aquathlon will open on 9 December 2016 on the British Triathlon website.
Our chosen charity is Haven House Children’s Hospice, a local charity to the club which cares for children and young people with life-limiting conditions across North and North East London, West Essex, and East Hertfordshire.
Registration desk opens from 7:00am and first wave to start at approximately 8:15am
Last year’s event SOLD OUT, so don’t miss out – book your place today.
- Individual entry – £42.00 (excludes triathlon day licence at £3)
- Relay entry – £60 per team of 3 (excludes triathlon day licence at £3 pp)
- Aquathlon only – £15 (no race licence required) (Enter here)
What do you get
- Delicious post-race breakfast
- Swim cap
- Technical t-shirt
- Chip timing (triathlon only)
- Friendly and encouraging marshals
- The opportunity to call yourself a triathlete!
Please note that parking will not be available at Ongar Leisure Centre. We are currently sourcing alternative car parking in the Ongar area. Please make arrangements to car share and more details on parking to follow in the new year.
Terms and conditions
- Limited to 200 entries (triathlon only).
- Held under BTF rules
- Hard cycle helmets must be worn
- Relay teams can consist of any combination mixed, all male and all female
- Race numbers to be worn on the back
- Roadworthy bike required, but any bike type (except e-bikes) allowed.
- We will be taking photographs at this event, by taking part in Try-a-Tri you may appear in photographs used to promote the event and Tri Sport Epping.
- Full refund available up to four weeks before the event (21 May 2017), minus 4% and £5 administration charge.
Email Jenni Tomblin at email@example.com