Eight Tri Sport Epping triathletes represented Great Britain this weekend (27-29 May 2016) at the ETU European Triathlon Championships in Lisbon, Portugal, with Club Chairman, Andy Bourne being crowned European Champion in the 55-59 AG.
The team competed against over 2,000 athletes from 48 countries who were vying for the European title in their ‘Age Group’ competition in both the Sprint and Standard distances.
The Sprint competition is a 750m swim, 20km cycle and a 5km run. The team included:
• Louise Rawlinson from Chelmsford (35-39 age group): 17th, 1:17:48
• Wendy Read from Billericay (60-64): 5th, 1:24:55
• Simon Theobald from Billericay (40-45): 9th, 1:05:35
• Steve Bunce from High Beach, Epping (55-59): 30th, 1:22:45
• Nigel Burvil, (65-69): 7th, 1:23:42
The Standard competition is a 1500m swim, 40km cycle and 10km run. The team included:
• Mel Barlow-Graham from Dunmow (40-44): 5th, 2:26:23
• Andy Bourne from Dunmow (55-59): 1st, 2:10:28
• Keith Walker from Billericay (65-69): 9th, 2:45:44
To view the full results visit: http://etu.triathlon.org/results
To view the Club’s progress visit www.facebook.com/trisportepping